As a Productivity+ program runs entirely on the machine tool, the program forms a self-contained package which operations in exactly the same form, every time a part is run. Once it’s programmed, there is no need for an external PC, eliminating potential communications set-up issues. Machine tools including 3-, 4- and 5-axis configurations are supported via a wide range of post processors, providing a consistent level of functionality between machine types. This makes it possible to transfer one probing program between machine tools by simple reposting the program. Productivity+ provides an easy-to-use platform for incorporating simple measurement functionality and more advance in-process intelligence into machining programs. It can simplify a wide range of measurement and process control tasks, such as component set-up and part verification, and aids process development.
- Predictive process setting – performing simple tests to ensure that a machine process will be successful.
- Active in-process control – using the probe to measure features and update machining process based on the results obtained.
- Informative reporting – providing information about the in-process state of a component, and about the decisions that were made when producing it.
- Productivity+ creates programs which run entirely on the machine tool, including all the calculations, updates and logic which are needed.
- No external PC is required to process measurement data.