Mastercam Blade Expert
Why Choose Mastercam?
One of the most complex 5-axis challenges is generating toolpaths for impellers, fans, and marine screws. These types of multi-bladed parts are used in many industries including power generation, energy transfer, and propulsion. Machining these complex shapes usually requires special multiaxis equipment, but Mastercam’s Blade Expert is specifically designed to generate the necessary toolpaths for many of the different multi-blade configurations.
Blade Expert is a very powerful and easy-to-use custom application, designed to generate efficient, smooth, and gouge free toolpaths for these complex parts. It minimizes unnecessary motion at the machine, which results in a highly efficient toolpath with superior finish quality.
Multi-blade parts come in many configurations, but Blade Expert’s common-sense operation process turns these machining challenges into routine solutions:
- Remove the material from between the blades
- Finish the blades/splitters
- Finish the floor
- Finish the fillets
The interface follows the already well-established Mastercam standard, used by all other multiaxis toolpaths, ensuring a short learning curve and successful deployment.
- Precise, efficient, and smooth cut pattern.
- Automatic stock model awareness eliminates air-cuts.
- Automatic tool axis control ensures collision-free toolpaths.
- Accurate tool tip control means seamless blending and transformation.